Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Bible Challenge: Day 261

The scriptures read are Jeremiah 48-49, Psalm 64 and 1 Peter 2.

Jeremiah 48. An extended gloom and doom prophesy against Moab. And, yet, in v. 31 God says, "But I will weep for Moab, yes, I will mourn for the people of Moab. I will even mourn for the people of Kir-heres..."

Jeremiah 49. Now it's the turn of the Ammonites, then Edom, Damascus, and others. Yet there are passing references to restoration in some of these denunciations.

Psalm 64. I don't think I've included a dance version of a psalm--until now! Click here.

1 Peter 2. Peter, "Rocky" would be an approximate nickname today, starts out talking about a living stone, Christ. He was rejected by the builders but turns out to be the keystone.

Not only is the stone a foundation but others will stumble over it.

Don't get too cozy with this world but do obey its authorities.

Remember that as Jesus suffered, so we might as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment